Collection and Use of Information
We collect information as follows:
- Information you provide. This includes information you voluntarily provide when you sign up to receive emails from us, register as a user to use the portions of the site that require such registration, update your information, or use the Site. For example, when you sign up to our mailing list, we collect your name, email address and such other information as we may require for the purposes of adding you to our mailing list.
- Information from your use of the Site. This includes information collected in our server logs (such as browser type, pages visited, referring page, IP address, date and time stamps, other statistics, and errors), through ‘cookies’ (such as saving your login information and storing session information), and about the device you are using to access the Site (such as hardware and operating system details). Cookies are used primarily to remember information about you and serve up customized web pages to your web browser when revisiting a web page. We use traffic log cookies to help us provide you with a better website experience and identify which pages are being used. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We use your personal information:
- To provide the Site to you. This includes processing your registration as user, where applicable, maintaining your information in our database, and communicating with you.
- To enable us to publish your ratings, reviews, forum postings, or related user content, as provided by you.
- To maintain and improve user experiences and overall quality of the Site, and to develop new sites. This includes diagnosing problems with our systems, administering the Site, and analyzing how the Site is being used.
- To answer your questions, to provide you with products or services you have requested, and to inform you of additional products and services provided by MC Commercial Inc., by affiliates of MC Commercial Inc., or by our business partners.
- For additional purposes that may be identified at or before the time that the information is collected, or that you subsequently consent to. Disclosure of Information
We may disclose personal information:
- To third party service providers and to affiliated entities in order to carry out work on our behalf. These third parties and affiliates maybe in Canada or in other parts of the world.
- As required or permitted by law and to law enforcement agencies, including the laws of the parts of the world in which your personal information is stored, and private parties for the purposes of investigating fraud or other offences.
- To legal, financial, insurance, and other of our advisors in connection with the sale, reorganization, or management of all or part of our business or operations.
- As consented to by you from time to time, including to fulfill any other purposes that are identified when the personal information is collected.
We use reasonable efforts to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information with security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information we collect. However, it is possible that any information transmitted via the Internet may be intercepted by unknown third parties. We therefore encourage you to carefully ensure security through virus screening software, browser settings, the setting of passwords that are known only to you and are difficult to guess, and other security measures available to individuals and/or companies.
You are given the opportunity to (i) opt out of receiving communications from us, or (ii) remove your personal information from our records. If you wish to opt out of receiving further communications, please contact us by email or phone using the contact information provided below.